Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Keeping up with the Joneses promotion (2016)

One of the film's producers, Walter Parkes, tells PEOPLE the four actors played off each other seamlessly. 
"They're all so funny and they're so different physically and yet there's something about this group of friends that you just feel very kind of satisfied at the end," Parkes explains. "I think we were benefitted by the fact that Zach and Jon go back many, many, many years, they're very good friends, and so that had the opportunity for them to form together." 
But the most surprising performances may come from Gadot and Hamm, Parkes says.
"[Jon]'s most noble role is as this dark mysterious figure Don Draper, but he turns out to just sort of have mastered comic timing," he says. 
people.com              
Zach Galifianakis on working with Jon Hamm :
I've known Jon before Jon was Jon Hamm. He's a comedy guy - really funny. A lot of leading-type guys like that don't have humor. They think they do, but they don't. It's really frustrating because no one's ever gonna [say], "God, Zach does handsome really well!" He's funny like a comedian is funny, not like an actor is funny. Jon and I have a friendship that I think helps when you work together. I never thought I'd have such a cool friend. All my friends are just...just not cool!
Jon Hamm  On working with the cast:
I've known Zach for almost 15 years now and really wanted to do something NOT on the internet with him. This came up and it was just a great fit. I've worked with [Greg Mottola] before and he's such a wonderful guy and a great director. It seemed to coalesce into this serendipitous experience. It's really great -really fun - it's one of the reasons why I jumped at the chance to work with [Zach] because I thought that we could be very funny together. When I did Between Two Ferns it was very early on in the Mad Men thing and I don't think that people A) Knew who I was B) Cared or C) Kind of thought that the guy from Mad Men would be funny. I had a blast. We shot 90 minutes that we culled down to 2 1/2 and it was fun. When I saw the group they were assembling for this movie, it was definitely one of things that I sparked to. Value added, so to speak. Greg has been remarkably effective at bringing that kind of humanity to all of his films. Even within whatever genre he happens to be working in.
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/set-visit-keeping-up-with-the-joneses---part-1
        

  
Gal Gaddot  
It probably makes it a little more believable that such attractive people as Gadot and Hamm would fall for each other, spycraft or no spycraft. Gadot joked about how difficult it was to find chemistry with Hamm :
"Yeah. He's ugly. He's not talented whatsoever. Doesn't have the experience. It's hard, we're still working on it.
No, Jon is great, he's hilarious. Isla and I think that Jon should have his own talk show because that's how funny he is. He's fast, he's intelligent, he knows everything, he's so smart . He's the funniest guy. He's great and he's a gentleman. Everyone is great ! I have a girl crush on Isla. I'm happy that she made the transition to being Jewish so now we can actually get married. No, I love her . And Zach is hilarous . It sounds too good to be true, but everyone is just fantastic.
http://collider.com/gal-gadot-keeping-up-with-the-joneses-interview/
 

"last week, he and some friends dropped by 10 Degrees South where they all enjoyed many of Chef Derek Anthony’s favorites: house-made beef jerky, Boerewors sandwich, butterflied lean beef sausage on a Milano roll, sosaties mussels, giant prawns and 10 Degrees South’s signature dessert sponge cake: Di’s Delight."
 Hamm :
......” But this opportunity came up and I’ve known Zach [Galifianakis] for almost 15 years now and really wanted to do something not on the internet with him. [laughs] This came up and it was just a great fit. I’ve worked with Greg [Mottola] before and he’s just a great guy and a wonderful director. It just kind of coalesced into this really unique opportunity.....
 
So just how great was it to work with Zach?
Zach and I are similar ages, are in a similar pool from which to pull your cultural references and your senses of humor and what not. It’s really great, it’s really fun, it’s one of the reasons why I jumped at the chance to work with him because I thought that we could be very funny together. When I did "Between Two Ferns" it was very early on in the Mad Men sort of thing and I don’t think people really, A) knew who I was, B) cared, or C) thought that the guy from Mad Men would be funny so who cares, and I had a blast. We shot 90 minutes of stuff that we culled down into two-and-a-half, but it was fun. I’ve done enough stuff with these guys at UCB and all of these other comedy shows that I feel comfortable enough to be able to play with these guys and at least pick up what they’re putting down........
http://collider.com/jon-hamm-keeping-up-with-the-joneses-interview/
I just think there’s something very funny about juxtaposing banal barbecue chat with high-end glossy action,” explains Isla Fisher, who, along with Zach Galifianakis, plays one of the Joneses’ comparatively frumpy neighbors. “And in this case, the genetic gods Jon Hamm and Gal Gadot, both being absolutely beautiful and incredibly well-dressed and cool against, you know, Zach and I…” she trails off, laughing. “It’s just instantly funny.”.....
.....
 “Before Jon was Jon Hamm,” says Galifianakis.
  “There was this kind of revolving door of people who are now hugely famous, either comic actors or actors in their own right, or comedians that go on the road and sell massive tickets, but back then were doing a couple nights a week in L.A. on the alternative comedy scene,” recalls Hamm. “I mean, it was called alt-comedy back then, but it’s now become the mainstream.”
.....
. “I tell ya, I never thought I’d have such a cool friend,” Galifianakis laughs. But he wasn’t surprised to see Hamm’s career take off, considering he’s one of a rare breed. “A lot of leading type guys like that, they don’t have humor. They think they do, but they don’t,” Galifianakis explains. “Jon gets it. He just is funny. He’s funny like a comedian is funny. Not like an actor is funny.”
 “It’s really frustrating,” he jokes. “No one’s ever going to go, ‘God, you know, Zach does handsome really well.’”
 ....
Isla and I think that Jon should have his own talk show, that’s how funny he is,” gushes Gadot. “He’s quick, he’s intelligent, he knows everything. He’s so smart. He’s the funniest.” Then she pauses to look over her shoulder, laughing, “I don’t want him to know I said that...”
....
 doing an action-packed spy comedy like Keeping Up With The Joneses wasn’t part of any calculated post-Don Draper career path. “Every bit of my career outside of Mad Men is a bit of a response to it,” he admits.
“I wish I could point to some poster on my wall and say, ‘Oh, I’m at this point in it,’ ” Hamm explains. “This opportunity came up, and I’ve known Zach for almost 15 years now and really wanted to do something not on the Internet with him,” he laughs, referring to his appearance on Galifianakis’ faux-talk show Between Two Ferns.
  “I’m having an increasingly difficult time with people taking me seriously anyway,” says Hamm. So doing a comedy poking fun at his “perfect” persona is “the perfect segue,” he figures. “One of the things that drew me to it was that my character’s not just this sort of straight-laced action figure. He has a sense of humor.”
http://uk.askmen.com/recess/recommended/keeping-up-with-the-joneses-preview.html



 
Zach Galifianakis on His Buddy Jon Hamm  
ress conference, oct 8th, at Fairmont Miramar Hotel 
 
The cast of Keeping Up With The Joneses Jon Hamm, Gal Gadot, Isla Fisher and Zach Galifianakis compete in the ultimate test of knowledge! Hosted by Joshua Dickey.
 
 
 
 
LA, premiere, Oct 8th
 
 
The afterparty carried an Oktoberfest theme with beer, sausages, potato salad, sauerkraut, and strude
I’d be a terrible secret agent in real life because I can’t keep my mouth shut,” Hamm said on the red carpet on the Fox lot. “I always want to talk to people and find out what’s going on with them.”
........
Gal Gadot, who plays Hamm’s fellow spy and spouse, recalled that the movie set off-camera was anything but serious. “I’m my own worst critic but being on the movie was so much fun,” she said. “We spent a lot of time trying to make each other laugh first.”
........
Despite the reverberations of Donald Trump’s lewd 2005 remarks being only a day old, the subject was not something that was front and center on the red carpet.
I think he’s doing a very good job of  saying enough things,” Hamm said. “There’s really nothing more to say at this point. Whenever you think you’ve had a bad week….”
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/jon-hamm-keeping-up-with-joneses-premiere
 
 
 
 
 
Keeping Up With The Joneses Premiere Red Carpet
 
So it was arranged for a group of L.A. area mommy bloggers and myself to attend a day-long “Spy-ce Camp,” where we would “learn some new spy-like skills to ‘Spy-ce’ up our lives as the characters do in the movie.”
 
While Hamm plays a spy who is trying to save the day in the film, he revealed to THR that he once saved the life of his real-life neighbor off-screen. "My neighbor here in L.A., one weekend I heard this ruckus next door and I looked over this wall, and he had fallen off of the ladder and threw his head onto the driveway and was bleeding all the way down the driveway. It's this 90 year old man. I was like, 'What happened!'"
And that's when Hamm kicked it into hero high-gear. "I just [jumped] over the thing and I'm thinking, 'Cub scouts, what do you do?' I got him untangled from the ladder and all of the tree branches off of him, and I undid his collar and I put some stuff on his head to put pressure on it," he said. "He didn't speak English so I was having a hard time explaining to him, 'Breathe, breathe, breathe.' And the ambulance came and took him away. He was fine, thank god, but it was terrifying. I have very good relationships with my neighbors. They like me a lot."
The film is one for everyone, Hamm told THR, "The good thing about this film is there's really something for everyone. It's a family film. You can bring your kids, you can bring your cousins, nieces and nephews. It's not like, 'Earmuffs! You can't see that!"
Hamm opened up about Trump's recent offensive comments against women: "There's nothing to say. It's unbelievable. I can't at this point understand it."
......
Also in attendance at the premiere was the film's director Greg Mottola, Sasha Baron Cohen, Martin Short, Larry David, Jack McBrayer, Maribeth Monroe and Matt Walsh.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/keeping-up-joneses-premiere-jon
 
 
 
Zach Galifianakis & Jon Hamm Talk Donald Trump, 'Keeping Up with the Joneses'
                                   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ4iUs4Rb3s
 
Zach Galifinakis & Jon Hamm | KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES | Scott Carty  
 
Keeping up with the Joneses- Zach Galifianakis & Jon Hamm /Bonnie Laufer Krebs
 
 
Zach Galifianakis Reveals What It’s Like to Annoy Hillary Clinton
 
 
 
Jon Hamm Discusses His Film, "Keeping Up With The Joneses" | BUILD Series  
 
 
Jon Hamm interview 2016 Live with Kelly 12 Oct 2016  
 
 
Jon Hamm on Whether a ‘Mad Men’ Movie Is Possible
 
 
 
interview in Mr Porter
What’s Next For Mr Jon Hamm?
His latest role is in a Mr Greg Mottola spy caper called Keeping Up With The Joneses. Mr Zach Galifianakis plays the sort of mediocre suburban dad you can imagine Mr Rick Moranis or Mr Steve Martin taking on in a more innocent movie era; Ms Isla Fisher is his cute but undersexed wife. Then one day, the suspiciously perfect Joneses move in (Mr Hamm and current Wonder Woman Ms Gal Gadot) – only it turns out they’re spies, and after much counterespionage and hijinks, bromance blossoms between the two men. It’s not the most challenging fare, but as Mr Hamm says, “It has a good heart. There’s something about that I find appealing. I feel like comedies these days are so mean. If the punchline of the joke is ‘Fuck you!’ you’re bullying the laugh out. I feel like you can take your aunt to this.” He and Mr Galifianakis are old buddies from back in the 1990s, when they both used to hang around the Largo comedy club with comedian Ms Sarah Silverman.
 
 
Jon Hamm: KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES  
 
ified Advice: Jon Hamm  
 
Keeping Up With The Joneses: Behind the Scenes Movie Broll - Gal Gadot
                             https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N27ZC0A_oY

 
 
h Galifianakis & Jon Hamm Keeping Up with the Joneses Interview  
 
 
 Hamm and Gadot on playing iconic figures and dealing with dark side of fame and social media

Jon Hamm and Gal Gadot talk about the 'burbs
 
  
SANTA MONICA, Calif. — To be clear, Jon Hamm is one of the rare, verifiably tall male stars in Hollywood. But when Gal Gadot walks in, the Israeli actress looms over him.
Hi, shorty,” she grins, from her sky-high perch in 6-inch heels.
The two make for a genetically gifted spy couple in the new comedy Keeping Up With the Joneses (in theaters Friday)....
On the set, the foursome got on famously, with the espionage tale culminating in a raucous getaway scene filmed in a hotel pool. “It was literally like trying to herd kittens into a shoebox," says director Greg Mottola. "I could not get any respect from them. They would not listen to a word I was saying, they were chicken-fighting and dunking each other. They all regressed into children.”
Today the two stars kick back with each other (Gadot ditches her heels), Hamm filling in for Gadot when she searches for the right word and Gadot holding up bunny ears behind her co-star's head in portraits.
He also knows what Gadot is about to go through, having been through cult fandom. It can be a fraught process: After Suicide Squad premiered to dismal reviews in August, attention turned to the fate of Wonder Woman, the next big DC Comics movie (out June 2).
"With reviews, I try not to enjoy it when it’s good and not to get upset when it’s bad," she says. But with Wonder Woman, Gadot says, it's different. "Because it’s such a special and iconic character, I do feel the responsibility and, so many people care so much about this character."
"You’ve been to my blog," Hamm deadpans.
"There will be at time when Gal will look back and say, 'That Wonder Woman era of my life was awesome but I’m glad I’m not doing it anymore,' " he predicts. "It’s not to say that I have any bad feelings for it. I certainly look back on my time as Don Draper and think it gave me a wonderful career. There were a lot of things that it changed in my life for good and for bad."
"But you also have a life to live. If you’re constantly looking back" — he smacks his hands together — "you’re going to walk into traffic."
 
Galifianakis & Jon Hamm Interview - (Exclusive) JoBlo.com
 
The first day on the set of “Keeping Up with the Joneses” saw a mad man try to mess with a wonder woman — and they shared the story with Deco.
.....
 Turns out Jon thought Gal “Wonder Woman” Gadot — was gonna be his assistant on set.
Gal Gadot: “I’m like, ‘Hey, I’m introducing myself.'”
 
actress Jona Xiao
He’s very charming. He’s very outgoing. On set, he was the life of the party. At the same time, he’s very down to earth,” Xiao said, on working with actor Jon Hamm. “You knew when John was on set. He’d introduce himself to everyone. He was a dream to work with.”
Of course, there’s more to Hamm than his dashing good looks. Xiao added that she coached Hamm with some of his Mandarin lines in the film, admitting that she was really impressed.
 
 KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES Cast Interviews  

 Gal Gadot & Jon Hamm Exclusive Interview
 
 

Zach Galifianakis Admits He's Been a Creepy Neighbor Before
 
 
 
 
 
HBO This or That with Zach Galifianakis and Jon
 
Jon Hamm and Zach Galifianakis Talk Keeping Up With The Joneses
 
  
Jon Hamm & Gal Gadot Keeping Up With The Joneses Interview
 
Name Game - Exclusive 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' Interview
 
Trump Slam - Exclusive 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' Interview

 
This movie seems like a very different experience than conferring with Matthew Weiner about small, particular details inside a Manhattan office. Was it exciting to take on a project that had some action and let you shoot a gun?
Yeah, but also I got to work with people that I know and I like—not only Zach, but also Greg Mottola, who I worked with on Clear History before and whose work I greatly admired. Again, it's the opportunity to do something that seems like it's going to be fun. There's a lot to be said for that. And fun can have a lot of different connotations, obviously. It can be fun to play Don Draper in a certain way, even though he's a miserable bastard. Part of the fun of acting is playing bad guys, too. The other fun part is you do all this cool shit. You run around with a gun and drive cars fast and jump out of buildings into a pool.
........
How much did stunt doubles do for you? Were you able to do any of these things by yourself?
I mean, my God, I'm not Tom Cruise. Yeah, safety first. Everyone has a stunt double. The last thing you want to do is hurt somebody else. I was very aware that I had three other people in the car when I was driving, all three of whom have children. I didn't exactly want to be like, "Hey guys, let's turn it out." You want to be cognizant of other people's actual lives.
 


 
 “Jon thought I was the PA (production assistant) when we first met. This is how it all began, really good, right?” she said. “We had a table read, and I saw him the first time downstairs. Usually the director or one of the producers would have introduced us. But, I saw him, so I just went to introduce myself. He was like very polite and he just got off a flight. And he’s like, ‘Can I please have some black coffee?”

The Stars of 'Keeping Up With the Joneses' Don't Play by the Rules

 
 
 
  
                              Keeping Up with the Joneses’ cast share behind-the-scenes laughs
                              
"He knew what he was doing, but nobody relayed this to me," says Fischer. "I just thought, 'Geez, the guy from "Mad Men" is driving fast! Get me out of the car!"
Galifainakis, too, remembers thinking, "Jon is not a stunt driver! Why is he driving the car?!?"

 
Keeping Up with the Joneses Interview - Jon Hamm (2016) - Comedy 
Cast Try to Answer Questions About Each Other
 
 
 
 
 
Bonus Features: Andre Hyland Interviews the Cast of Keeping up with the Joneses


 
  
Q: How was it working on location in Atlanta?
Hamm: We did. We have a very nice time. Atlanta is a very fun place to be an adult in. There’s fun stuff to do. There are great restaurants and places to see comedy and music and yeah, we had a good time. You know what we didn’t do? Walk down the BeltLine—we should have done that.
 
Q: Were people freaking out that you were in Atlanta, going out to dinner and working in town?
Hamm: Atlanta’s had a huge surge in popularity in the movie industry, so people like us, that’s no big deal. I think everybody wants to see Iron Man and Captain America and all the Marvel guys, because they’re all down there. We didn’t have a problem with it. I mean every now and again you’d get a group of drunk girls that would kind of lose their mind a little bit and be a little inappropriate, but whatever. Also, we would eat at like 6 p.m., because we were exhausted and we had to get up at 6 a.m.
Most people are very sweet. It is after all, the South. I think there’s a lot of that, too. Zach has family in Atlanta so I went to his cousin’s house a couple times for dinner, and dinner with his mom and dad that one night at the steak place. We had a very nice time. It was really fun.
 
How are you similar to your character?
Hamm: The thing I constantly wish I had more of is adventurous. I like the idea of travel and new places and cultures. I very much wish I had more of that in my life, but I also get very nervous, and a lot of it is going out in public these days. Everybody, and I don’t want to say everybody like I’m some big deal, but sometimes you feel like you’re being stared at or watched, rather than just being part of the experience of experiencing another culture. To illustrate that point, I remember being in Florence once, staring at the statue of David and thinking, “Whoa.” It’s way bigger than you think it is. It’s enormous and it’s beautiful and you’re in this beautiful museum. I turn around and this man and his daughter were staring at me. They were uncomfortably close to me. They had a camera out and you’re not allowed to have cameras. They said, “Can we please?” I was like, “Guys, I don’t think we’re allowed to take pictures in here, and also that’s a thousand year old work of art that you might want to pay attention to.” I guess my uncertainty is probably the thing I have that’s most similar to Tim Jones. It’s a strange thing.
 
Q: The scene where you take Zach’s character to an exotic restaurant where they serve snake wine with an actual snake in it was hysterical. How much of that was ad-libbed, or did you stick to the script?
Hamm: Not much was necessarily ad-libbed, other than a few interjections here and there. That scene was actually a replacement scene for a scene we had shot earlier, during main production. We wanted to get it as written, as much as we could. The good part about working with friends and people that you know is that there’s a little room to wiggle around if you feel like you need to, or if it makes you feel more comfortable, or if you think it’s funnier, honestly.
 
Q: Did you guys actually do it or did you have stunt doubles?
Hamm: Yes, it was us. It was also really painful thing to do, because you’re being buffeted by 140mph winds that are supporting you. Everything hurts after you do that, because you’re pushed into a little, kind of this thing. We had a camera guy in there with us. We shot it towards the very end of the shoot.
 
Q: Did you practice beforehand?
Hamm: Yes, at Universal CityWalk at 9 a.m.
 
Q: Did you have any favorite sequences to shoot, aside from the indoor skydiving?
Hamm: Yeah. I think all the car chase stuff was really fun. Some of the fight stuff was really fun. The car chases are challenging because there’s a million moving parts, literally, and it can be really dangerous. You’re making a movie, and you don’t really want anything bad to happen obviously, and you don’t want to put anybody in any danger, at all. I’m very, very cognizant of, “Guys, it’s only a movie. If anything gets scary, let’s stop and we’ll start up again and we’ll make it safe.” There’s always that sense of being very aware of safety. At the same time you’re supposed to be acting and fearless and all that other stuff, too. So it’s a real challenge. It’s fun, a fun challenge, but a challenge nonetheless.
 
Q: What was it like working with Gal Gadot, who plays your wife in this? 
Hamm: That was very impressive. Gal, in a similar way, had so much on her plate, and then the prospect of what her next year was going to be and managing that. I was so wildly impressed by her ability to manage all of that, as somebody relatively new to the spotlight. I’d never met her before doing this and I got along with her great, as we all did. A big part of why this movie succeeds is that the central foursome all get along with one another, in the most basic way. If that chemistry isn’t there then I don’t think any of those scenes really work as well as they should. But it is, and they do and it’s good because there are a lot of them. Especially when we were shooting, we spent a lot of time together, all four of us. It was just really nice. It was a good group.
 
Q: Do you and your co-stars in this still hang out?
Hamm: We had dinner the other night, a big group of us. But some of us live in L.A, some live in New York and some are in Tel Aviv. We all have our own things going on. It’s nice to catch up, and especially nice when there’s little kids involved, because you can see like, “Oh my gosh. Look at that little peanut just turned into a full-grown person.”
 
Q: Would you be brave enough to try the snake wine?
Hamm: I would, fully. Walter and Laurie (MacDonald) Parkes, our producers on the film, actually went to a restaurant that served snake wine. I think it might have been in Indonesia, but yeah, I would do it. I don’t think it’s legal here, necessarily. But I would totally try it. I’ll eat anything.
http://www.knoxnews.com/story/entertainment/movies/2016/10/19/jon-hamm-keeping-up-joneses
 
                    'Keeping Up With The Joneses' Cast Talks Double Lives & Romance Tips
                                   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAHGHWnrKNU

Hamm, 45, who does not know Hebrew, jokes, "I read it from left to right." Gadot admits, "It was really fun to yell at him in Hebrew," to which Hamm replied, "She really enjoyed it."
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4868989,00.html
 

We had a chance to sit down with the actors at The Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica the following day.  Everyone was really nice and down-to-earth.  I have yet to come across an actor who isn’t just a normal person once the lights are off of them.  It was quite refreshing and Zach and Jon had us laughing the entire time.
....
Over to you on Jon [Hamm].
Gal Gadot:  Jon thought I was the PA when we first met.  This is how it all began, really good, right? We had a table read, and I saw him the first time downstairs.  Usually the director or one of the producers would have introduced us.  But, I saw him, so I just went to introduce myself.  And then he was like very polite.  And he just got off a flight.  And he’s like can I please have some black coffee.
And I said–.
Isla Fisher: –But, you made it, right?
Gal Gadot:  I said–yes, and I spit in it. I said, sure, but you know I’m playing your wife.  I’m Gal. I’m playing Natalie.  And then he felt embarrassed, and he was super sweet about that.  And he apologized, and he was super sweet.Isla Fisher:  You should have said, “I’m a method actor, and I’m getting into character.”
 
 
 
director Greg Mottola                                                                                                                             
Mottola : ........But I always wanted to work with Zach. And then Jon Hamm was the first I thought of for the other role, I recently worked with him on Clear History, an HBO improv movie that we had done together.
.....
I was also gonna say that she plays well with Jon because they look like that super power couple.
Mottola : Yeah, I mean, it’s ridiculous. We wanted that image of people that are ridiculously like another species.
You nailed it.
Mottola : They are like that, yeah.
........
It’s like they’re both superhuman in terms of everything so you look at them and you’re like, “Yeah, forget it.”
Mottola : I think even Jon, the first day Gal was in a scene and she was as tall as Jon was, he was like, “What the fuck is this? It’s ridiculous.”
.........
Talk a little bit about from when you got on the project to what people are seeing on screen how much changed along the way in terms of the story. Because when you cast certain people, you write to their voices and things change.
Mottola : One of the things that wasn’t really in the initial script was the –It’s revealed that the Joneses are, you know, human, but the details were somewhat different. Jon is incredibly good at playing people who have secrets and are hiding aspects of their personality, and obviously Don Draper had a lot of that. We didn’t want to make it a parody of Don Draper but we did arrive on this idea that there’s a side of him that opens up that would like him to stop living as a professional liar. There’s something about this earnest person that just makes him feel kind of dirty about his job and then reminds him that he sort of wants other things out of life and he and his wife haven’t really…He’s brought it up in the past and she hasn’t wanted to really pursue it, and so Jon has this great vulnerability like all these sort of great leading men that have a softness under the hardness that makes them so compelling. And plus, you know, Jon’s too funny for someone who looks like Jon.
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 FOX 4's Shawn Edwards sat down with the actors to find out the science behind comedy
http://fox4kc.com/2016/10/27/jon-hamm-and-zach-galifianakis-of-keeping-up-with-the-joneses-break-down-the-science-of-comedy/
 
 
Zanzh Galifianakis and Jon Hamm Talk Spies, Keeping Up With The Joneses Stars  
 
 
 
 
So we wondered: Can the stars of Keeping Up with the Joneses hide the truth better than their characters in the movie?
We pitted Zach Galifianakis against Jon Hamm, and Isla Fisher against Gal Gadot in a head-to-head battle to see who could sniff out the truth. Admittedly, our lies were pretty tough.
Galifianakis struggled a bit with his card.
"I don't know the answers to my own rounds," he admitted.
Good thing he had Hamm there because Hamm did guess the lies.
"Is there a prize?" Galifianakis wanted to know, and Hamm was very unimpressed with my offer of a high-five and some "pride and glory." Next time I'll remember to bring chocolate. Or, as Galifianakis suggested, some chinos that say "SheKnows." Who do I talk to about making that a reality?
http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1129181/jon-hamm-zach-galifianakis-interview

 
Joan Robbins w/ Jon Hamm & Zach Galifianakis
 
 
 
Jon Hamm and Gal Gadot exclusive interview :We can keep Secrets
  
  
                          Daniela Ganoza - Movie Preview - "Keeping Up With The Joneses"
                                       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQFPm1yBh7I

  
 
 
Cast of 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' talk shooting issues  
 
 
New Idea Magazine interview - October 2016
Jon Hamm leaves behind "Don Draper" and speaks of his jump to the comedy in the cinema  
 
Actor Jon Hamm moves away from his remembered role Don Draper, for the series "Mad Men", with his new acting project that these days has it in the cinema billboard.
 "Spying on the neighbors" is the name of the movie that, with comedy tone....Hamm plays tim Jones, the protagonist of this nice film also starring the new "Wonder Woman", Gal Gadot, whom in this interview full of praise
 
Jon, what sets you apart from this movie and what was the attraction to you?
 - There are some actors who are very funny.  It's a good group of people who are making this movie.  The story is remarkable and we definitely had a lot of fun doing it.  On the other hand, I also think it is an interesting glimpse into the dynamics of relationships and how things change;  The way your life changes and what you want it to change as you grow older and your aspirations are different as you move through life.  I think it's an interesting test of people at that level ... and then there's the jokes and action and all those good things.
 
You play the handsome and sophisticated archetype of the way a James Bond spy should look ... but the role is comical, so it must be fun.
 - Well, it's nice to be able to act against that image in this film;  Make it appear that the character is moving in one direction - like the classic spy - and then, in the middle of the way, turn somehow and jump in another direction.
 
 How is the real Tim Jones really?
 "I would describe Tim Jones as a reluctant spy.  He is very good at what he does, but he does not necessarily think espionage is something he wants to do with his life.  He loves his wife but wants to lead a different kind of existence.  Tim really does not enjoy the life of an international spy at this time although he may seem to other people to be grandiose.  So I think there is some restlessness within him or a desire to move on to another phase of his life.
 
Natalie (Gal Gadot) takes her role as a spy much more seriously, does not she?  She loves it!
 - That's right, I think it's a fun dynamic to explore: people who are married and working in a business but one half of the couple is no longer interested in going down that road.  I think it's an interesting pair dynamics.
 
In fact there is a lot of research showing that women are the best spies ... do you have any comments about that?
 "That's probably true for a number of reasons.  For example, people are naturally more comfortable opening to a woman in many different ways.  I think it is probably an anecdote in many ways but I am sure there is some truth in all this.
 
It is interesting that Tim Jones does not like his work, one imagines that being a spy would be the most exciting job in the world.
 - Right.  The situation that the film wanted to present, and then turn heads, is the idea that one has to be careful what you want as it asks the question;  'Is the grass really greener on the other side of the fence?'  That kind of things.  We think there is some comic content in that idea as well as the attempt to find the unlikely friendship that exists between these two couples ... the Joneses and the Gaffney.  Tim and Natalie are both confronted with this idea of ​​suburban life within the community to which they have moved and it seems to Tim that this life is a little more idyllic or interesting than it seems to his wife.  He really likes this kind of life, she does not think so, she likes his current job as a spy.
 
What is it like working with the Israeli actress, Gal Gadot, who plays your wife?
 -It's something great and interesting, because she is now becoming a well-known character (as Wonder Woman).  The first time I met her was on the set of this movie.  She is obviously incredibly talented and very young, and is about to become a star of a huge franchise and all that that means, which is a lot.  Gal is great .., she is very intelligent and reliable, she has a family that is accompanying her here.  As with almost everyone you meet in this industry, when you meet her in person you actually think 'oh, you're just like anyone else.  You are a very nice person'.
 
 
How interesting and how great was the challenge of doing comedy after his role as dark as Don Draper in "Mad Men"?
 "I can not speak for others, but I've found it terrifying to try to create something funny because it's not something I normally do.  I know people who create comedy in a professional way, like Zach Galifianakis, and I know how hard they have to work on it, and I know how much of this is a part of their lives.  I love watching comedy and I love to participate in it, but I do not necessarily know how successful I am at this.  I think I'm very fortunate - or smart enough - to stand beside many funny people in this movie ... so maybe I'm funny by association!  It's nice to be in scenes like this today, with people who are naturally graceful.  Zach is obviously funny and Isla is also very funny.  The whole movie is great, in fact it's bigger than the sum of its parts and that's what you expect when you commit to making a movie.
 
You won a Golden Globe and an Emmy for "Mad Men", an iconic and unforgettable program.  How significant was this program already seen for you in retrospect?  People from around the world miss Don Draper and all these fascinating characters.
 -Well, I think it's the prototype of a well-told story that stays with you a little after you've closed the book and left the characters.  It is nice to see the program in retrospect and with affection, but also to know that the chapter - that book - and that story is over.  I like to remember it with love and I understand and appreciate that it has been a wonderful journey that very few people come to undertake.  Very few people have that kind of experience in their careers.  It was fun and very meaningful for me in many ways and it was nice to be actually involved in something like "MAD MEN" and it lasted so long but it also had an end.
 
How has it been to continue with your career?
 "I think there is a natural expectation or hope to have a moment to regain your balance and your composure somehow, after something like that program.  One has worked at a certain level for a long time and then you naturally want to step back and let everything pass you by.  I think it all depends on the opportunities you get and the things that come your way and your own life and the way you drive it.  For me it is nice to be able to choose and choose (projects).  But then there are other difficulties: 'what do you choose?  what do you want?'  People come to you with different projects, one does not know if they are going to be good or bad.  I have rejected many works;  There are many things to take into account when choosing what you are going to do and how they are going to be the next months and years of your life.  But I am very grateful.
 
 
Jon Hamm: "I'm probably going to die on Tuesday"
                                     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2vU6eRJbjs

 
Keeping Up with the Joneses: Gal Gadot & Jon Hamm
 
 
interview de Gal Gadot & Jon Hamm pour Les espions d'à côté
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEmbFOx_uGM
 
 
 
Jon Hamm talks about his Vitiligo with Lee Thomas
                                       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prKRFXMRM7Y

                      

See How Well Jon Hamm Gal Gadot and the 'Keeping Up with The Joneses' Cast Bonded on Set
     https://www.yahoo.com/tv/exclusive-see-well-jon-hamm-161156095.html

                    

Keeping Up With the Joneses | Action | Now on Digital HD
                                     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okioOa1tDRk

 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment